Monday, July 8, 2013

“Not All Advancements in Technology are a Good Thing”

I'm not one to drop the kids off at a public pool, if you know what I mean; I prefer to use my own private pool where I know just whose cheeks were on the seat. However, this past weekend we were out and I had to go really bad, to put it bluntly I was prairie dogging it.

I felt as if I was going to have a Beverly Hillbillies moment…up through my buttocks was about to come a bubblin' crude…it was not a good thing. So unfortunately I had no choice but to hop on the porcelain throne with a quickness, I knew I wouldn’t even have time to sterilize the crime scene.
 
 
So I clinched my cheeks firmly together and wobbled into the restroom making sure not to have any leakage along the way and proceeded to drop off my cargo. Shortly after the first drop, plop and splash I realized I was stinking up the joint, so I turned around and reached for the handle to do a courtesy flush.

To my dismay I realized it was one of those automatic flushing toilets and I was poop out of luck (pardon the pun), well unless I wanted to hop off the seat with my full moon hanging out in all its glory to make the toilet believe I was done.

Needless to say I decided against it, because with my luck I would have ended up tripping on my pants when I stood up, falling face first on that nasty ass floor, leaving me unconscious and my bare bottom up in the air for all to see…and claim if they so choose to. 


I tried to quickly finish up so I could get out of there before anyone else came in, which thankfully I managed to do. So in my opinion this is one time where technology did us wrong, they should have left well enough alone.

Now I know this advancement was supposedly to make things more hygienic…and of course so that it would flush when one of those flushless bastards did their business, but come on man this is just crazy.

I later found out that some of these automatic flushing toilets do indeed have buttons on them for flushing, and I must say after finding that out I felt kind of stupid. Here I was trying to move side to side like a running back trying to avoid being tackled hoping to trick the toilet into flushing and all I had to do was hit the button…so not cool.

The bathroom I was in also had those motion activated sinks; and trying to use them was just as much fun as the toilet. I spent more time trying to get all this crap to work then I did…well crap.

I felt like the Karate Kid just trying to wash my hands…water on, water off. I hate those gosh darn things (sorry for the harsh language I'm just PO'ed). I looked like a retarded DJ scratching on turntables trying to get the water out of the faucet; people were looking at me like I was mentally handicapped.

I love the advancements in technology when it comes to my video games and such, but please for gosh darn sakes, leave my bathroom alone! Say goodbye to the courtesy flush people, it's a thing of the past thanks to all these eggheads.

MJM

20 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad. I didn't know they were battery operated and that the buttons were there for those moments of dead cells. Somehow, the Beverly Hillbillies will never be the same! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, it was a crappy day.

      Thank you kind sir...you rock.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those darn toilets almost always flush while I'm sitting on them, and they NEVER flush once I stand up! I HATE the ones that don't have buttons. And really, how sanitary is it if you have to press the button, like so many others probably do? I think campgrounds had the right idea with the kick-button. It's about 3 feet off the ground and against the back wall, and you're supposed to kick it with your foot. So, not only can you still flush hands free, but you get your kick-boxing lesson in too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They flush when you're sitting on them...how'd you do that. Mine wouldn't flush no matter what...I was working like as if I was an Olympic gymnast trying to get mine to flush...with no such luck.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But don't you love those automatic toilet cover thingies? You just push a button and there is a fresh cover on your toilet seat? Ever had the pleasure? They rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Automatic toilet covers...what...where?! Are those only in the ladies room...because I don't recall anything like that in the men's room.

      Delete
  6. My country has apparently not discovered the auto-flush toilet yet, (or if they have, I've never seen one), thank god, as I would hate to think the heady rush of power I get from deciding when to flush would be taken away from me. We'd all descend into anarchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! I wish my country would have left well enough alone...but no they had to go messing with perfection.

      Delete
  7. Those toilets can be quite an annoyance! Thanks for sharing, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same problem as Amy! I think I'm invisible to the toilet. Usually I'm frantically waving my arms in and doing a little dance, trying to get it to flush when I'm done. But that's much better than it flushing while I'm sitting on it. That's scares the pee out of me.

    Sorry, couldn't resist...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flushing while you're on it...yikes. I would be too scared of it sucking my booty hole down if it did that.

      Delete
  9. I hate the auto toilets. Yep, they always flush when I'm sitting on one tending to my business. And then I can't get the water to turn on after I have soap all over my hands. And I'm not about to rinse my hands in the toilet. At least I'd have running water. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...forget guns...we need to ban them. Flushing while you're on it...that must be a female thing...becuase I know that doesn't happen when I'm on one. It is probably because you gals are light weights.

      Delete
  10. My husband has the same issues. Me, I don't care. Could be a prostate thing or something.

    Thanks for the BlogLovin follow, I'm a new follower of yours as well.

    I’d love it if you linked up to my weekly BlogLovin Hop this Thursday if you want to gain some new followers. (http://www.journeysofthezoo.com/search/label/BlogLovin%20Hop).

    Looking forward to connecting further.

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it...those automatic flushing toilets hate us men...they're sexist.

      I will definitely check out your blog hop and let you know.

      Delete
  11. Yep, it sounds like your toilet didn't like you, because I've had toilets flush before and while I'm using it. I'm just thankful that they haven't gotten to motion-activated toilet paper rolls yet. Because that would really piss me off.

    Suzanne @ www.timessquared.net/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it! That stupid toilet was out to get me...I have half a mind to go back and clog that some beach.

      Motion-activated toilet paper rolls...of God please no.

      Delete