Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"The Future's So Bright...Um, No It Isn't"

I feel severely let down, like a kid who didn't get what they wanted on Christmas morning.
 
Growing up I was led to believe that by this time now we would be living era where cars flew, people where getting bionic limbs (and I don't mean to replace missing appendages either, but the kind that would allow you to lift a car over your head) and aliens (no, not illegal immigrants, but actually aliens) and robots would be walking amongst us...and as you can clearly see, that isn't the case.
 
What happened...are we not as smart as we thought we were...did we let our imaginations get carried away with us?
 
I was really looking forward to buying my own Vicki aka V.I.C.I. (Small Wonder) and/or Rosie (The Jetsons)...but no, the closest thing we have to either of them is Furby...what a crock. Okay, we do have toilets that flush themselves, which is a good thing...especially if you've ever used a public restroom in a Walmart...but I want more.
 
We are now in year 2013 and really not all that much has changed, so come on people, get on the ball and make cars fly.
 
MJM

2 comments:

  1. Demanding much?! I was kinda wanting the Star Trek food dispenser. THAT I could totally get into. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh c'mon...like you weren't wanting the same thing! Next time you're sitting in traffic, running late, you be wishing for a car that flew.

      Delete