Thursday, March 5, 2015

“Facebook: Like it or Lump it”

In addition to the "thumbs up" button, they should really have a "thumbs down" and a "middle finger" button, that way you could truly voice how you feel about some of the nonsense people post there.

I feel like the “Facebook man” is keeping us down, telling us to either like it or lump it.

They want to portray this happy-go-lucky atmosphere, make outsiders think that all their users are shiny happy people without a care in the world, a bunch of Grateful Dead groupies if you will.


It’s almost as if they believe we all have a permanent smile plastered across our faces like the Joker in The Dark Knight.

“Wanna know how I got these scars? Facebook was a drinker and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!" And...why so serious?”

See how mean Facebook is?

However we all know the truth, we are a bunch of cynical and miserable bitches and bastards who look at the glass as half full, and we’re damn proud of it.

We are a group of cumquats who are too hip for MySpace, but not quite hip enough for Twitter, so we find ourselves chilling out on Facebook like an ice cube in a tall refreshing glass of lemonade.

We don’t go with the grain and we don’t go against it, we just sit there like a bump on a log doing absolutely nothing, letting real life pass us by while we happily scroll through page after page of people’s useless thoughts, opinions and random crap that happened to them throughout the day.

Facebook is our life blood; it’s what keeps us ticking and what keeps as alive!
The problem is that the almighty Facebook gods don’t let us be ourselves; they keep us from genuinely expressing ourselves as if we were Madonna in the late 80s.

Now with that said, I suggest we start a campaign to show them how serious we are about wanting these additions!

We could really clean things if this comes to fruition.

Think about it, people would think twice before they just haphazardly clicked post after writing some ridiculous rambling.

If you want to fight the power, and rage against the machine, then click here and support the cause!

Now this is a cause we should really be sharing with every single person we know on Facebook, and not those stupid games, quizzes and/or causes for cures and stuff…just saying.  

MJM

18 comments:

  1. Superb suggestion, Michael. Your creativity knows no bounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I would blame it on the drugs, but unfortunately I don't take any, I'm clean and sober like Michael Keaton.

      Delete
  2. I prefer my injections in 140 characters. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter lover! We don't take too kindly to your kind here.

      Delete
    2. Says the twerp that has twice as many followers as I do on Twitter. Shovel it. :D

      Delete
  3. You need to start your OWN social media, MikeBook.
    I'm REALLY hating Facebook lately. Mostly people I knew when I was little. I should devote an entire day to "Unfollow"ing them. I think I live in this fantasty world where one day I'll need a job or something and maybe one of them will help me?? So until then, I just go on Twitter and Instagram so I don't kill them all with fire. Also my blog page? I post something on Fartbook and SEVEN people out of almost 3K see it. F U Frickbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, obviously, you know how I feel about FakeBook. Just for laughs, every once in a while I will post boob pics and guys showing their junk, just so I can offend the puritans on there and get flagged as inappropriate content. After all, I have a reputation to uphold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the boobs, but you can keep the junk pics.

      Delete
  5. I'm giving this two middle fingers of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exactly what the Fuckerbergs are saying. Two big middle fingers up from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I feel the same, equally about Facebook and Twit(ter). For me the only thing that's left is a newly discovered Pinterest - I mean really! Just as I thought it's a bored-housewife-kinda-thing I typed in "sexy", "naughty" and "sensual" and what a difference (I know it's all nicely censured, but then again I'm not into hard-core, I prefer when it workes on the senses).
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I couldn't have said it any better myself...I think.

      Delete