Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Love and Cookies"

In a cookie jar, far, far away...before they were a computer term and the reason so many people are fat...cookies were a yummy delicious treat that filled many hearts with warmth.

They were left for Santa to express our thanks for a job well done, our favorite muppet on Sesame Street enjoyed them immensely and they brought the family closer together as we baked them, ate them and licked the bowl clean of their batter.

 
Now however, within the society we live in, where people look for reasons to blame all the worlds problems on anything other than themselves, cookies have become the enemy. Santa is no longer greeted by the tasty treat, Cookie Monster is now a vegetarian and has been replaced by the annoying little red devil known as Elmo and the kitchens are now desolate and the members of the family are all off doing their own thing.

 
Cookies are not the problem and they shouldn't be used as the scapegoat for our lack of self-control and laziness...they have done nothing but make us happy and bring us closer together.

Think of how many altercations could have been solved without blood shed and/or hurt feelings if we just brought cookies instead of harmful words and/or weapons. So brush the "chip" off your shoulder and next time you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar take responsibility for your own actions and don't go looking to blame someone else for your mistakes...because that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Now go and enjoy and nice warm cookie with a stranger...the world would be a better place for it.

So give peace (and cookies) a chance.

MJM

8 comments:

  1. I read this post while I was eating a cookie. I'm not kidding. I wanted to enjoy the irony (and the chocolate).

    I enjoyed both.

    And to quote Jerry Seinfeld, we should all "Look to the cookie! Look to the cookie, Elaine!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black and white cookie is a beautiful thing...too bad us people can't live with such harmony as the black and white cookie...we're a bunch of racist bastards.

      Delete
  2. Hey there. Menopausal Mother sent me over to your site so thought I would say hi.
    http://www.lifecherries.com - Pop over and have a squizz at mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there...if Menopausal Mother says you're good people...then you must be good people.

      Delete
  3. Well this was charming, and right, and has made me hungary, so I'm off to bake, and share, and pour a glass of cold milk. PS: When was the last time YOU made cookies Michael?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookies are so yummy...aren't they? The last time I made some cookies...well to be honest...never. I can't cook...I burn water.

      Delete
  4. I want cookies. I like to think that I am the cookie monster. Also C is for Chrissy. Coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't want cookies...cookies freaking rock...they are the best thing since sliced bread.

      Delete