Tuesday, April 23, 2013

“To Pee, or Not to Pee, That is the Question”


One of my biggest pet peeves (if you will) is when I wake up in the middle of the night from a sound sleep and have to hit the head.

Now of course when I say “hit the head” I don’t mean literally, because that would really hurt, but rather I mean I have to take a pee pee.

I’m lying there all comfortable like and as snug as a bug in a rug when nature calls, and it doesn’t call quietly either, it calls like one of those annoying bill collectors, and to make matters worse it’s calling collect.

So my dilemma is, do I get up and use the potty then have to climb back into bed and try to get comfortable again, or do I just stay there and risk letting the flood gets open?

As I’m trying to make my decision I start to fall back to sleep, in my head the song Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin is playing, except it’s called “Don’t worry pee happy” and I feel myself letting go…if you know what I mean.

Thankfully, I wake up right before I’m about to christen the bed sheets with my not so holy water.

I already know how my girlfriend feels about me "shitting" on her, so I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t like me peeing on her either, and when I say pee on her I don’t mean in the R. Kelly way so get your mind out of the gutter.

If I do happen to “spring a leak” in the bed I’ll have to wash all the bedding, my clothes and the mattress, all the time while my girlfriend is bitching me out, not really my idea of a good time.

On top of that, have you ever tried to hang a mattress on a clothesline to dry, it is not easy?

I thought about going the way of “Lisa Nowak”, that crazy NASA astronaut who likes to wear diapers on road trips when she’s late for a killing, and pick up some Depends for myself to sleep in.

That way I could sleep through the night, let loose if I need to and wake up to clean (and dry) bed, and a bitch free girlfriend.

I even thought about using a catheter, but then I remember how much of a wuss I am and how I whine when I’m sick, so I decided against it.

I don’t know, what is a man to do I tell you, life is tough.

I guess my only real option is to sleep right on the toilet itself, that way I don’t have to worry about anything, well except maybe for a sore neck and a ring around my ass from a toilet seat.

This blog is dedicated to my friend Sarah over at "SadderButWiserGirl”, not because she wets the bed or anything, but just because she steered me in the right direction.

MJM

8 comments:

  1. Ok all right so my curiosity was killing me and I had to look BEFORE I took a nap. I'm married to a man, I get this.

    Once I dreamed that my husband didn't want to get out of bed to pee so he invented something so he didn't have to. He took a whole box of straws and put them together. I'm thinking that my scientific process was way off in this dream...

    I'm glad I'm influencing a whole new generation of bloggers writing about pee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes…us men are crazy…and we will do, and think up, some really nutty things.

      Knowing how us men are…I would say you weren’t dreaming…you just thought you were…because that sounds like something I would do too.

      Yes you are influencing us…you are a blog pusher.

      Delete
  2. I know exactly how you feel about waking up in the middle of the night and having to go. I find it best to just suck it up and get out of bed super fast, empty the tank, and jump back in. The key is to do it without fully opening my eyes - then I can fall back asleep more easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what…that’s actually a really good idea…I’m going to have to try it. One question though…with your eyes not fully opened…do you find yourself running into things a lot?

      Delete
  3. Hey funny friend. What about keeping a bedpan on your nightstand? Yup, I'm brilliant. And haha to the crazy ass Lisa astronaut chick reference.
    I'm with Dana. I don't open my eyes all the way. Wetting the bed is tempting, but remember that the problem with it is that you have to keep doing it or you'll get cold. And your girlfriend will be megga pissed off. Ha! Pissed off. :D
    Ba-boom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about using a bedpan...but I decided against it because I always have a drink right next to me when I sleep in case I wake up thirsty...and you know...if a full bedpan is sitting there...and it's dark in the room...need I say more.

      Delete
  4. And don't turn on any lights, not even a nightlight. Although I recommend putting your hand out so you don't walk into a door. Been there, done that and fell on the floor.

    ReplyDelete