Friday, April 26, 2013

“Spreading Hate is Not the Loving Thing to do”

People are nuts, I know I’m not really telling you anything you don’t already know, but it just amazes me just how nuts they actually are, especially when it comes to the whole gay issue. When I hear things like, “I don’t mind gay people as long as they don’t try anything” and/or “I’m afraid to leave my children with him/her because they’re gay” I just cringe, and honestly feel ashamed to be part of the human race. I also don’t get the whole ”God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve” nonsense, because God also made fruits and vegetables, not burgers and fries…so sit your fat ass down.

My older brother is gay and I myself am as straight as an arrow, I only tell you this because my ex used to be worried that “gay” ran in the family and that one day I would wake up gay and want to be with a man and leave her. I did eventually leave her, obviously or she wouldn’t be my ex, but it had nothing to do with me craving some man meat, honestly it was because she was insane.

My next example of an ignorant homophobic whack job is my girlfriend’s mother, who we like to refer to as the redneck Sanford and Son, mainly because her house looks like a redneck junkyard. Now she has a gay friend, who one night she was going out with to get something to eat, and with me being the kind of person I am I figured I would mess with her a little bit. I told her to be careful, not to get too close to her "gay" friend because she could catch the gay, before she knew it should be have strong cravings for tuna. Me thinking she would know I was joking and just laugh it off, but to my surprise she didn’t, she actually believed me and was now scared to meet up with her friend.

Now the funny thing is, that both these people (my ex and my girlfriend's mother) claim to be Christians, amd they judge more people than Judy, and condemn people to hell as if they were Oprah giving away cars…you’re going to hell…and you’re going to hell…everyone is going to hell. Now please know, that I am not hating on Christians because it’s not Christians who hate gays, it’s narrow minded ignorant people who are trying to deflect the judgment from themselves, trying to keep the skeletons in their closet hidden.

I myself am a straight Christian man and do my best to love as God would want me to. We are not here to judge and/or condemn, we are here to live our lives as an example of what it means to have God in our hearts and hopefully when all is said and done, make the world a better place.

I know fear keeps people from feeling comfortable and uneasy but don't let fear become hate, talk to people who are gay and find out why they feel the way they do. How can someone who is not gay themselves tell you if people are born that way or not, that would be like me trying to tell you how it feels to be a woman, it's just not possible and doesn't make any sense. Don't be ignorant, be educated and make a well-informed opinion, and afterwards if you still don't agree with it that's fine, from that point forward just live and let live. You don't have to agree with it; just don't try to destroy it because I'm sure there are many things people could find about your life they don't agree with too.

If you ask me the whole "sanctity of marriage" argument is a bunch of nonsense too. If you haven't realized it yet, straight couples aren't really keeping marriage all that sanctified. We need to focus on ourselves first, work to make us the best we can possibly be before we go trying to tell others how to live their lives. If you're room is a mess it would be hypocritical to try to tell others to clean up theirs without cleaning up yours first. They don’t keep their tools in your toolshed, so keep your clothes out of their closets.

As far as Chick-fil-a is concerned I'm not against Dan Cathy speaking his mind, he's entitled to believe as he feels fit. I just think if he really wanted to preach about family values and love he would have come forward to tell his supporters not to hold a Chick-fil-a appreciation day to further fan the flames of hate. If you're going to speak on love, go all out, if you're only going to do the job halfway then just keep your mouth closed because we already have way too much of that in this world.

I don't believe God makes mistakes, I think in the beginning he did want marriage to be between one man and one woman to ultimately populate the Earth but after seeing the end result and how corrupt people have become he decided to send in the gays. No more unwanted children born into this world, and to make things even better, they are willing to take care of the children that are in need of love and companionship from others. Ask a child who is hurting for a hug if he/she cares what sex the people are who give it to them, two men and/or two women are better than nobody at all.

Teach your kids love and tolerance and hopefully one day in the future this world would be a better place for all of us. Stop making people feel bad for what they are, or what they’re not, just work on making yourself the best person you can be. Always remember, FAGS is an acronym for “Fabulous and Gorgeous Superstars”.

This message isn't about being pro-gay, that's your business, it's about being anti-hate. It's not what God you follow (or don't), it's not your sexual preference and it's not how you look that makes you evil it's what is in your heart.

This has been a Mele minute...one to grow on.

MJM

8 comments:

  1. Good message. I have many gay friends and live in a small town where being close minded is the norm. The church that we attend, mainly because it is two blocks from our house, recently left the ELCA because the association had decided to include gay pastors. A woman in our choir was flipping out one night because two of THOSE people lived in our town and had a baby. It took every fiber of my being to not yell: "Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo! Grab the torches and let's go." I figured I'd better not, we're already rather unpopular in our town because we're different (our father's father's father didn't go to school here and help build the town, we're transplants until we can afford to move away.)

    I don't get people a lot of the time.

    Are you sure you and my husband are not long lost brothers? SO many things you say could have come right out of his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would save every single penny I could to be able to get away from that town...take off like a bat out of hell and don't ever look back.

      We could be long lost brothers...or at least members of the same clan...the thinking clan that is.

      Delete
  2. I. Adore. You. Dude. I recently wrote a post called God Loves Gay People. It's amazing to me that people are so ignorant. And also? Why in the world do people care if gay people get married? Seriously. Who cares. It's unbelievable. And sad. And I hope the stupid people get smarter soon. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that my sister friend...I couldn't have said it any better myself.

      I'm going to look for that blog of yours and check it out...I love reading blogs from people who think.

      Delete
  3. “God also made fruits and vegetables…not burgers and fries…so sit your fat ass down”. I love this, MJM! I'm totally quoting you the next time I hear that dumb ass remark about Adam and Steve.

    It's what is in your heart - you are absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is probably inappropriate to laugh, but I cracked up that straight people screwed up so much that God had no other choice but to send in the gays! Perfectly said by the way! Except I think your kind of mean to make your girlfriends mom not to eat tuna anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri...it is never inappropriate to laugh...laughing keeps us young and healthy.

      My girlfriend's mom is scared to eat tuna...because you know...she may be catching gay.

      Delete