Thursday, April 18, 2013

“Kardashian, Honey Boo Boo Child, Lohan, etc.”

This isn’t some sort of secret code…you do not need a secret decoder ring to read this…this is a list of people who I can’t believe we are talking about…who we are keeping in the public eye…who we are making feel more important than they really are.

Now of course this is just a partial list, a lot more names belong on it…but for the sake of not writing a blog as thick as a phonebook…and giving these nobodies more attention than they deserve... I’ve decided to go with the condensed version.

Why do we care about these people…are our lives that mundane and meaningless that we spend our time and energy on this garbage. As a society…do we really not have anything better to do…with all that is happening in the world nowadays...I think we all know the answer to that one.

You know when a kid acts up…makes a scene…you’re told to ignore them and sooner or later they’ll stop because they’re just looking for attention…well that’s the same with these fools. Stop paying attention to them…stop feeding the fire…focus your attention on things that really matter and not this trivial nonsense.


So the next time you’re in line at the grocery store…and you see one of those supermarket tabloids on the shelf…leave it there…use the money you would have wasted on that trash and donate it or better yet, give it to the homeless person sitting on the street corner.

The next time you see TMZ or one of those other “entertainment” news programs on the TV…change the channel…maybe to something more educational like PBS…I mean for Gosh darn sakes Sesame Street is fighting to stay on the air while droves of mindless sheep are flocking to their televisions to keep up with the Kardashians…this just makes no sense to me.   

Come on people…this really shouldn’t even be an issue…smarten up…stop being a puppet…take back control of your own strings and tell the puppet master to go fly a kite… and let’s make this world a better place.

So will you be able to resist the temptation…will you be able to forget the junk and direct your attention on more pressing and important issues… enquiring minds want to know…like me!

MJM

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for saying this! I cannot stand those ridiculous reality shows. I can feel my intelligence getting sucked out even as I flick by.
    All this mindless crap on the tube is turning people into a generation of mindless self absorbed idiots. Just sayin'. End rant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is amazing who is willing, and to what lengths, American people will go to be 'Famous'. My question always is, "How will they explain all of this to their children one day?" Always felt that way about Playboy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree...we live in a sad, sad world. These screwballs will do just about anything for fifteen minutes of fame.

      Delete
  3. Although I really want to be famous, I would never be famous that way. And I'm not sure I really want to be famous anyway.

    Oh and I totally don't watch any of that crap. I reserve my precious tv time for intellectually stimulating shows, like Kipper the Dog with my three year old. I do love me some Dexter and True Blood though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that my friend...what some people won't do for fame is crazy.

      I too avoid that crap like the plague...it all sucks like a Hoover.

      Delete